- What does Bravo Zulu mean?
- What does Whiskey Charlie mean?
- What does 5 mikes mean?
- What does Whiskey Tango Foxtrot mean?
- What does Hotel Sierra mean?
- What does Roger tango mean?
- What does Lima Charlie mean?
- What does Zulu Tango mean?
- What does delta mean?
- What does Charlie Oscar mean?
- Why do Marines say Oscar Mike?
- What does Tango Down mean?
- What is Whiskey Tango in military?
- What does whiskey mean in the military?
- What does Whiskey Delta mean?
What does Bravo Zulu mean?
well doneBravo Zulu.
This is a naval signal, conveyed by flaghoist or voice radio, meaning “well done”; it has also passed into the spoken and written vocabulary..
What does Whiskey Charlie mean?
Instead of saying a word that starts with a “C” for instance, soldiers just say “Charlie”, and the actual meaning is implied. So Charlie Foxtrot is “Clusterf**k”, Alpha Charlie represents ass chewing in the sense of getting verbally reprimanded, and Whiskey Tango stands for white trash.
What does 5 mikes mean?
In the phonetic alphabet “Mike” is a stand-in for “M.” “Mike-Bravo 564746” is a grid coordinate that gives you a rough area. “We’re five mikes out.” means they’re five minutes or miles.
What does Whiskey Tango Foxtrot mean?
Whiskey Tango Foxtrot may refer to: the expression “what the fuck”, using the NATO phonetic alphabet. … Whiskey Tango Foxtrot (film), a 2016 film starring Tina Fey.
What does Hotel Sierra mean?
10. Sierra Hotel or sometimes Hotel Sierra. … When that new lieutenant makes it through his first field training exercise without getting his platoon lost, you’ve got a sierra hotel lieutenant. If he gets them lost every day and then accidentally calls for fire on his company headquarters, he’s hotel sierra.
What does Roger tango mean?
Roger-Tango– Translates to roger that, or understood. Oscar-Mike– On the move, Convoy is now moving. Lima-Charlie– Loud and clear.
What does Lima Charlie mean?
Loud and ClearLima Charlie – Loud and Clear.
What does Zulu Tango mean?
Tango Uniform: Toes Up, meaning killed or destroyed.
What does delta mean?
the fourth letter of the Greek alphabet (Δ, δ). … an incremental change in a variable, as Δ or δ. a nearly flat plain of alluvial deposit between diverging branches of the mouth of a river, often, though not necessarily, triangular: the Nile delta.
What does Charlie Oscar mean?
Charlie Oscar Commanding OfficerCommanding Officer. Source: combat.ws.
Why do Marines say Oscar Mike?
The term “Oscar Mike” comes from military radio jargon used on the front lines. It translates to “On the Move”. It is Military Alphabet. … Phonetic alphabet could mean “on me” when moving tactically!
What does Tango Down mean?
Tango down is military slang announcing that an enemy has been defeated in combat.
What is Whiskey Tango in military?
whiskey tango foxtrot Meaning: WTF (what the f*ck). Origin: NATO phonetic alphabet—W for “Whiskey,” T for “Tango,” F for “Foxtrot.”
What does whiskey mean in the military?
Per GoArmy.com, “68 Whiskey” is used to describe the job of a certain combat medic specialist. … Although the position is typically listed as “68W,” the Army will say “68 Whiskey” because it follows the NATO phonetic alphabet. The alphabet also includes “Alfa, Bravo, Charlie, Delta,” which simply means “A,B,C,D.”
What does Whiskey Delta mean?
Weak DickPhonetic for “Weak Dick”, a poor effort or someone who can’t cut it.